All California Contractors LicensesEvery License Available in the state of CA.
California has many licenses from which to choose.
We can help you get any license.
And, in fact, we’d love to help.
Contractor Licensing Classifications
- C-2 – Insulation and Acoustical Contractor
- C-4 – Boiler, Hot Water Heating and Steam Fitting Contractor
- C-5 – Framing and Rough Carpentry Contractor
- C-6 – Cabinet, Millwork and Finish Carpentry Contractor
- C-7 – Low Voltage Systems Contractor
- C-8 – Concrete Contractor
- C-9 – Drywall Contractor
- C10 – Electrical Contractor
- C11 – Elevator Contractor
- C12 – Earthwork and Paving Contractors
- C13 – Fencing Contractor
- C15 – Flooring and Floor Covering Contractors
- C16 – Fire Protection Contractor
- C17 – Glazing Contractor
- C20 – Warm-Air Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Contractor
- C21 – Building Moving/Demolition Contractor
- C22 – Asbestos Abatement Contractor
- C23 – Ornamental Metal Contractor
- C27 – Landscaping Contractor
- C28 – Lock and Security Equipment Contractor
- C29 – Masonry Contractor
- C31 – Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor
- C32 – Parking and Highway Improvement Contractor
- C33 – Painting and Decorating Contractor
- C34 – Pipeline Contractor
- C35 – Lathing and Plastering Contractor
- C36 – Plumbing Contractor
- C38 – Refrigeration Contractor
- C39 – Roofing Contractor
- C42 – Sanitation System Contractor
- C43 – Sheet Metal Contractor
- C45 – Sign Contractor
- C46 – Solar Contractor
- C47 – General Manufactured Housing Contractor
- C50 – Reinforcing Steel Contractor
- C51 – Structural Steel Contractor
- C53 – Swimming Pool Contractor
- C54 – Ceramic and Mosaic Tile Contractor
- C55 – Water Conditioning Contractor
- C57 – Well Drilling Contractor
- C60 – Welding Contractor
- C-61 – Limited Specialty
- ASB – Asbestos Certification
- HAZ – Hazardous Substance Removal Certification
C-61 Specialty License Includes the following:
- D-1 – Architectural Porcelain (Now D-64)
- D-2 – Asbestos Fabrication (Now C-2)
- D-3 – Awnings
- D-4 – Central Vacuum Systems
- D-5 – Communication Equipment (Now C-7)
- D-6 – Concrete Related Services
- D-7 – Conveyors-Cranes (Now D-21)
- D-8 – Doors and Door Services (Now D-28)
- D-9 – Drilling, Blasting and Oil Field Work
- D-10 – Elevated Floors
- D-11 – Fencing (Now C-13)
- D-12 – Synthetic Products
- D-13 – Fire Extinguisher Systems (Now C-16)
- D-14 – Floor Covering (Now C-15)
- D-15 – Furnaces (Now “A” or C-20)
- D-16 – Hardware, Locks and Safes
- D-17 – Industrial Insulation (Now C-2)
- D-18 – Prison and Jail Equipment (Under relevant class)
- D-19 – Land Clearing (Now C-12 or “A” if license is required)
- D-20 – Lead Burning and Fabrication (Now D-64)
- D-21 – Machinery and Pumps
- D-22 – Marble (Now C-29)
- D-23 – Medical Gas Systems (Now C-36)
- D24 – Metal Products
- D-25 – Mirrors and Fixed Glass (Now C-17)
- D-26 – Mobile Home Installation and Repairs (Now C-47)
- D-27 – Movable Partitions (Now D-34)
- D-28 – Doors, Gates and Activating Devices
- D-29 – Paperhanging
- D-30 – Pile Driving and Pressure Foundation Jacking
- D-31 – Pole Installation and Maintenance
- D-32 – Power Nailing and Fastening (Now D-64)
- D-33 – Precast Concrete Stairs (Now C-29)
- D-34 – Prefabricated Equipment
- D-35 – Pool and Spa Maintenance
- D-36 – Rigging and Rig Building (Now “A”)
- D-37 – Safes and Vaults (Now D-16)
- D-38 – Sand and Water Blasting
- D-39 – Scaffolding
- D-40 – Service Station Equipment and Maintenance
- D-41 – Siding and Decking
- D-42 – Non-Electrical Sign Installation
- D-43 – Soil Grouting (Now C-32, C-12 or “A”)
- D-44 – Sprinklers (Now D-12)
- D-45 – Staff and Stone (Now C-29)
- D-46 – Steeple Jack Work (under relevant class)
- D-47 – Tennis Court Surfacing (Now C-12 or “A”)
- D-48 – Theater and School Equipment (Now D-34)
- D-49 – Tree Service
- D-50 – Suspended Ceilings
- D-51 – Waterproofing and Weatherproofing (under relevant class)
- D-52 – Window Coverings
- D-53 – Wood Tanks
- D-54 – Rockscaping (Now C-15 or C-27)
- D-55 – Blasting (Now under C-12 or “A”)
- D-56 – Trenching Only
- D-57 – Propane Gas Plants (Now “A”)
- D-58 – Residential Floating Docks (Now “A”)
- D-59 – Hydroseed Spraying
- D-60 – Striping (Now C-32)
- D-61 – Gold Leaf Gilding (Now D-64)
- D-62 – Air and Water Balancing
- D-63 – Construction Clean-up
- D-64 – Non-specialized
- D-65 – Weatherization and Energy Conservation
Enrolling is simple. Only takes about 2 minutes.
And if you have any questions, email us or give us a call. thanks!
Ask A Question
Apply For The Tests
Often, contractors will send off their application and then begin our classes, since you will usually have a few weeks of waiting time before you receive your test date. However, it might be best to go through our program first, then send off your application, to make sure you’ve had enough time to study.
Take The Tests
You’ll have to pass the Law and Trade tests. They are 125 questions each and you will be given three and a half hours to complete each of them. Not too bad.
There will also be an open-book abestos test, but that one’s easy. It’s open book! And considerably shorter than the other tests.
You’ll want to get your DBA (business name). This is around $45.
FINALLY, to hold the license, you have to have what’s called a “surety bond,” in the amount of 15,000. This will cost you around $100 a year. Not too bad either.
Then, you will be a licensed contractor with a business name and everything.
Start getting those jobs and making that money.
Online School Lite$499 a little too much for you right now.
You can enroll in our ONLINE SCHOOL LITE program and save $100.
Hey, every $100 counts.
The main difference in this package is you don’t get to access the teaching in video format.
Instead, you receive the Law and Trade teaching in audio format via CDs and MP3s
The Law will come in 4 MP3 files (which are the 4 main classes — all that you need).
The Trade will come in audio CD format, respectively.