C-17 Glazing
Contractors License

  Get Your C-17 Glazing License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee
. .


glazing contractor

Glazing Contractors License

Glass is important.

Without it we wouldn’t have windows.

Without windows, rain would flood our homes and businesses.

That being said, if you’re trying to get your glazing contractors license, you’re on the right page.

We can help you.



How To Get Your C-17 Contractors License

There’s nothing like a beautifully clean and well-made and installed window.

Windows allow you to see clearly.

And so do words.

I want to help you see something clearly.

It’s this: getting your license and establishing your own business may be a risky thing to do, but you’ll regret not doing it. You’ll regret not doing it because you’re obviously interested. After all, you’re on this page, considering getting your glazing license.

Sure, it is a risk.

But there is no reward without risk.

We’ve seen enough contractors — and helped them — get their licenses and start doing their own work and building their own business and there’s nothing quite like it.


We’re a Contractor License School based in Southern California dedicated to helping you get your contractors license. Our mission statement is simple: our passion is your success.


Well, you only need these three things to qualify:

1. Four years of journey-level experience.

2. You must be at least 18 years old.

3. You must have a valid social security or ITIN number.

If you have those three things you’re all set.

What’s next is you have to pass two tests with the state of California

Are the tests hard?

In a word: yes.

But, again, that’s where we come in.

It’s our job as a contractor school to provide you with all the teaching and material (including books, video, audio, practice tests) that you’ll need to be able to pass the tests.

One test covers your trade. In your case, C17 glazing.

One test covers construction law writ large.  That is to say, construction law as it applies to all contractors regardless of what license they’re getting. The test covers topics such as contract law, bidding practices, taxes, payroll, responsible agencies, bonds, liens, stop notices, etc…

They are long tests — hundreds of questions.

And you have to score relatively high to pass.

But don’t worry (too much).

We’re good at what we do. And our material is the best.

Do I Have To Incorporate My Business?

At some point in the process of getting your license you have to decide on a business structure. You don’t have to incorporate. You can get licensed as a sole proprietor.

Only problem with that is you end up paying a lot more in taxes.

As well, if you start taking work and operating your business you run the risk of losing your personal assets if you fall into the red. Corporations are great for separating your business assets from your personal assets.

How Do I Prove My Experience?

If you have the four years, you don’t have anything to worry about.

You can prove your experience (in fact, you have to) by having one individual sign off on your state application (the application you must submit to take the trade and law tests) verifying your experience claim.

It’s really that simple.

If the state happens (low chance) to ask for additional proof, you will have to provide either W-2s (if you were working for a contractor) or invoices (if you gained your experience through self-employment).

Don’t I Need A Bond?

See, now you’re getting ahead of yourself.

But it is a good question.

You don’t need a bond until after you’ve passed the state tests.

Quick Summary

To get your contractors license, the main thing is you need to pass those state tests and submit your application (we can help you with this — it’s included in our services).

In order to do that, you need to get studying.

The entire process can take anywhere from two months to several months depending on how much time you’re able to dedicate towards the process.

It’s worth it.

finally — here’s an official description of the C17 glazing license:

via CSLB.

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A glazing contractor selects, cuts, assembles and/or installs all makes and kinds of glass, glass work, mirrored glass, and glass substitute materials for glazing; executes the fabrication and glazing of frames, panels, sashes and doors; and/or installs these items in any structure.

Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)



Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.