C-29 Masonry
Contractors License

  Get Your C-29 Masonry License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


masonry license

The Truth Is.

Truth isn’t relative.

And the masonry contractors license is the best one.

If you want to do masonry.


If you want to make money.

Big money.



How To Get Your C-29 Contractors License

Do you like brick walls? So do I.

Do you build them?

I do not.

Do you want to get your Contractors License?

Yes.  You do.

You’re in the right place.

Why do you want to get your Contractors License?

We already know why — you want to be your own boss. You want to take whatever jobs you want. You want financial freedom. The truth is, if you get your license, these things (if you manage your business properly) can be yours.

So how do you get it?



1. Four years of experience doing C-29 Masonry-things (by stuff, we mean work).

2. You must be at least 18 years old.

3. You must have a valid social security or ITIN number.

And then the main step:


You have to pass two tests with the state of California to get your license.

You have to pass a C-29 Masonry TRADE TEST — this will be relatively easy for you because you already have four years experience doing Masonry.

The second test is harder: A LAW AND BUSINESS test.

It’s our job to provide you with everything you need — classes, books, livestreams, practice tests, study material — to be able to pass these tests.

That being said, we don’t just want to dump a bunch of study material on you. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to be able to pass these tests.

Don’t get us wrong: some of the studying will be difficult.

But everything in life worth doing is.

We try to simplify it and break it down as best we can so you can learn in bite-sized pieces.


We know, we know.

You want to get that license and get back to building those walls as fast as possible.

You can get the studying done very fast if you apply yourself very much.

You can get through all the necessary material within a week.

However, usually the entire process takes around a month or two.

Best to get started now.


There is some math on the test, but we prepare you for that as well.

There are a few additional steps, like getting a Contractors Bond and a Live Scan and determining your Business Structure.

But we walk you through that in the classes. You don’t need to have it perfectly figured out right now.

One step at a time (one brick at a time).

For more info, to ask any questions you may have, call us anytime: 866-570-3648


But how do you prove to the state you have four years of experience doing Masonry?

This is our most popular question.

And here’s our most popular answer (and also a true answer).

You must have someone (preferably a human) sign off on your application verifying you have four years of experience doing masonry.  Not cabinetry. If you do cabinetry, that’s a completely different license classification.

That person can be your current or former employer or a client (if you a self-employed masonry person) or a co-worker. This person doesn’t have to have their license — but that would be preferable.

And yes, you read that right: your self-employed experience counts. If you’re building walls on your own and don’t have your license you’re definitely breaking the law BUT you can still get your license. All the jobs you’ve been doing without your license will count towards your experience and the state will accept it and issue you your license even though you’ve been doing the work without your license.

But you need to stop doing work without your license.

You need to get your license.

Which is why you’re on this page.

Which is why you’re going to call us.


Description Of The C-29 License

This description comes from the Contractor State License Board’s website. (AKA CSLB). They’re the people (government department) who issue you your state exams as well as your license.

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A masonry contractor installs concrete units and baked clay products; concrete, glass and clay block; natural and manufactured stone; terra cotta; and fire brick or other material for refractory work. This classification includes the fabrication and installation of masonry component units for structural load bearing and non-load bearing walls for structures and fences installed with or without mortar; ceramic veneer (not tile) and thin brick that resembles full brick for facing; paving; and clear waterproofing, cleaning and caulking incidental to masonry construction.

Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)

Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.