C-4 Boiler, Hot Water Heating and Steam Fitting
Contractors License

  Get Your C-4 License (Fast)

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


Contractor Studying for his Contractor license

You work behind pipes all day.

How do we know that?

Because you’re trying to get your c-4 boiler, hot water heating and steam fitting contractors license.

If you weren’t, you wouldn’t be on this page.

If you want more info or if you want to sign up give us a call.



How To Get Your C-4 Contractors License

I’m going to be honest — as the guy hired to write the content for this page I had to look up what a c-4 contractor even does. Lucky for you, you already know.

You basically work with boilers, hot water heating sytems and you do steam fitting.

In other words, you’re a tradesmen.

And you want to get your license.

That’s good.


Only three.

1. Four years of experience doing C-4 work.

2. You must be at least 18 years old.

3. You must have a valid social security or ITIN number.

Simple, right?


This is the hard(er) part.

You have to pass two tests with the state of California. A trade test and a law and business test. The trade test will be easier because it covers your trade, which you, because you have at least four years of experience, by definition know pretty well. Still, you might need to study a bit for this test because the state might use different terminology than you use.


The law and business test is much harder because it covers things you’re probably too busy to think about. Things like contract law, liens, stop notices, bonding, budgeting, taxes, business structures and more. Of course, since you are a contractor interested in starting your own business, you probably do think about many of those things.

You might even daydream about starting your own business.

And that’s what we’re all about.


Our goal and mission is to provide you with all the necessary study material and teaching so that you can pass your state tests and get your license. We’ll guide you through the process from beginning to end — as there are certain aspects of the process that can seem daunting.

But we’re more than that: we’re a full-service business and want to see you succeed far into the future. We’ve partnered with many of our students, offering them services like bookkeeping, incorporating, web design and marketing as well as general consulation.

Too many contractors in our state fail or go bankrupt due to poor management and poor bidding practices.

We want you to succeed and will give you the tools you need to do just that.


We’re based in Southern California but we serve the entire state, shipping our products and materials to anyone who needs it, even people at the tippy-top of Northern CAL.

Truth is, since a certain pandemic which will remain nameless swept through the world, we’ve updated our online class structures and now offer livestream classes to anyone anywhere in the state. Heck, you don’t even need to be in the state to access our classes. As long as you have a decent wifi connection you can join our livestreams and learn from the comfort of your own home or vacation home.

Pretty cool, right?

Makes you want to call, doesn’t it?

Thought you’d never ask 🙂


But how do I prove my 4-years experience?

It’s actually easy as pie, which is as easy as 1-2-3. Which is as easy as this:

You have to get at least one person to sign off on your application verifying you have the four years of necessary experience. That person can be anyone. Just kidding.

Your qualifier (application-signer) must be an employer (current or former) or a fellow employee or even a client–that is, if you’re claiming status of self-employed. Make sense?

If it doesn’t, give us a call.

Point is, if you’ve been doing construction (c-4 boiler and hot water heating and steam fitting, specifically) for the last four years you can qualify to get that license — you just need a signature from someone who knows you and who knows that you’ve done the work.

In some cases, you may be required to provide additional verification in the form of w-2s or invoices.

Again, even if you’ve gained your experience running your business without your license, you can still qualify to get your license. In fact, if that is the case, you NEED to get your license as it is highly illegal to run your own construction business without a license.

What are you waiting for?

Description Of The C-4 License

From CSLB:

C-4 – Boiler, Hot Water Heating and Steam Fitting Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A boiler, hot-water heating and steam fitting contractor installs, services and repairs power boiler installations, hot-water heating systems and steam fitting, including fire-tube and water-tube steel power boilers and hot-water heating low pressure boilers,steam fitting and piping, fittings, valves, gauges, pumps, radiators, convectors, fuel oil tanks, fuel oil lines, chimneys, flues, heat insulation and all other equipment, including solar heating equipment, associated with these systems.

Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)

Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.