C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control
Contractors License

  Get Your C-31 License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Study From Home Or In A Class

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .



Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor

Traffic is patterns.

Traffic is life.

Traffic is poetry.

Those three things are true, unless you live in rural Kansas.

Or you can’t read.

If you’re trying to get your C31 License, you’re in the right place. Call us for more information. We’d love to talk. About poetry. But mostly about traffic — and helping you get your license.


How To Get Your C-31 Contractors License

There is a lot of money to be made in Construction Zone operations. Which is why you’re on this page: you’re trying to get your license so you can run your own jobs so you can be your own boss.

It’s the ultimate dream.

And it’s right before you.

We can certainly help you achieve this dream: and walk you through the process of getting your license step by step.

Before we continue, there are —

three main requirements:

1. 4 years of experience.

(either working for someone or self-employed).

2. You must be at least 18 years old.

3. You must have a valid social security or ITIN number.

Congrats. You’re qualified. Let’s continue:


It’s quite simple.

Here’s how it works:

To prove you have four years of experience doing C-31 work you must get one person to sign off on your application verifying that you do, in fact, have the four years of experience (in the last ten years).

Who must this person be?

Preferably a contractor licensed in the C-31 trade.

If you don’t have such a person you can always get one of your fellow employees (even if they are not licensed) to sign off on your application.

If you’ve been doing work self-employed, you may have a client sign off on your application.

After The Application

After you fill out your application you send it to CSLB.

We’ll help you with filling out your application so that it’s done right and it doesn’t (likely) get kicked back for any small oversight.


Once CSLB — the Contractor State License Board — processes your application they will provide you with a date to take two tests. You must pass these tests to receive your contractors license.

One test is on Law and Business.

The other covers the C31 Trade.

The Trade Test will be easier for you because you already have four years of experience in your trade.

However, the Law and Business test will be more difficult as it will cover topics you may not be familiar with — like liens, bookkeeping, contract law, bonds and more.


We’re a Contractor License School dedicated to helping contractors get their licenses.

We’re so good that we offer a Pass-Test Guarantee.

We would offer free llamas, but we’re not currently zoned as a farm.

That’s a random joke — hope you enjoyed 🙂

Okay, back to the point.

Our schooling is so good, and we provide so many PRACTICE TESTS, study material, and classes, that we are able to guarantee that if you do the work we give you to do that you will pass.

We’ve been helping contractors get licensed for more than a decade.

Which is almost a dozen (which is how I like to buy my eggs).

I have to buy eggs because I don’t have any chickens.

Like I said, we’re not a farm. We’re a Contractor License School.


What a perfect question.

Here’s the perfect answer you’ve been waiting your entire life for:

We’re located in Southern California. We have multiple locations. If you’re not anywhere near our classrooms. Let’s say, you’re in Hawaii, fishing the frozen lakes (which I’m not sure if Hawaii even has those, so that’s crazy) you can hop on our Zoom online classses.

So that’s cool.

This is great if you’re from Northern California, like Richmond or Oakland or San Fran or any of the above.

Call us for more info or if you’d like to get started.

We’d love to talk.


Description Of The C-31 License

This definition is directly from the Contractors State Licensing Board.

C-31 – Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A construction zone traffic control contractor prepares or removes lane closures, flagging, or traffic diversions, utilizing portable devices, such as cones, delineators, barricades, sign stands, flashing beacons, flashing arrow trailers, and changeable message signs, on roadways, including, but not limited to, public streets, highways, or any public conveyance.

Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059; Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)


Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.