D-41 Siding and Decking

Contractors License

  Get Your D-41 Siding and Decking License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


How To Get Your D-41 Contractor License

We hear you.

 You want your D-41 Sliding and Decking contractor license. 

This is a good thing. 

Because who doesn’t want a beautiful deck. 

So let’s get you that license. 

Give us a call.


How To Get Your D-41 Contractors License

Barbecues would be a lamer with out the D-41 Sliding and Decking Contractor License. 

In fact most of america would be a lot more boring if it weren’t for you guys. 

So what I’m saying is we need more D-41 Contractors. 

We need you. 


There’s only three requirements: 

1. Must have 4 years of experience doing D-40 work

2. Must be over 18

3. Must have a valid SSN or ITIN

Easy enough right? 

Chances are you already have your experience. Maybe you’ve been working for your dad since you were ten. 

Well then you are a lot closer to getting yout license than you think. 

For more information regarding the requirements go to the CSLB website. 


 The D license is a little bit different than your typical contractor license. 

Only in the way you must take the ‘law and business’ test and not a specific trade test as well. 

Pretty cool right. 

So what is this test? 

It was written by lawyers to ensrue a high understanding of law within the California contractors. And well it works. 

Because in order to get your license you need to understand liens, bonds, contract law and even taxes. 

Needless to say it’s a difficult test. 

But you have plenty of resources to help you out. Resources such as…


We teach you everything you need to know in order to pass your Contractor License Exam. 

But not just that, but become successful contractor!

Here’s how we do it. 

1. Homestudy – Where you teach yourself using different books, videos and online materials. 
2. Online – Tune into our live classes and participate online. 
3. In Class – Join one of our schools for in person lessons and attention. 

Each course is designed in a different way. 

The first, homestudy allows you to teach yourself at home. 

The second, is an online course for learning through zoom. 

Finally, the third is the in person course where you can learn from an instructor in real time. 

Give us a call if you have any questions. 


How do you verify your experience?

The first question you probably thought about was how to verify your experience. 

This is a normal question. 

Especially if your experience is scattered across many years. 

Here’s the steps: 

1. Receive Application upon enrollment

2. Complete application with basic information 

3. Sign work experience 

4. Submit and schedule test 


In the end this is a very simple step. All it takes is submitting the Original Contractor License Application. 

The application asks about your business, what your entity is, and other personal information. 

All to finally be summed up with the work experience (seen below).

Here is where you will have your application signed. 

Preferably by another D-41 contractor but there are many options. 

This tells the CSLB that the experience you say you have is accurate. 

How to verify your work experience in order to get your California Contractor License

How long does it take?

The average time is 3 months if you stay diligent. 

This looks like 1 month throught the course then sending your application. 

The CSLB will take 4-8 weeks to process your application before getting in touch with you to schedule your test date. 

During that time it is best to prepare your business by setting up your corporation and studying for the test. 

What’s the best business entity?

There isn’t much to be said here. 

S Corps are the best for contractors. 

The Contract Bond

The bond isn’t needed until after you pass your test.

Costs $150 to obtain. 


My lasts words to you are to keep going. 

The first step is the most important. 

A Detailed Description Of The D-41 Contractor License


D-41 – Siding and Decking Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A siding and decking contractor applies or installs all types of exterior siding including wood, wood products, vinyl, aluminum and metal siding to new or existing buildings. This contractor also constructs wooden decks and related handrails. This work shall not include the construction or installation of covers or enclosures of any kind.


Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.