Get Your D-65 Weatherization and Energy Conservation License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


How To Get Your D-65 Contractor License

I know why you're here.

To get you’re D-65 California Contractor License 

Time to get the beloved contractor license.

But how do you get your contractor license?

Give us a call.


How To Get Your D-65 Contractors License

I get it. You’re looking to get your contractor. 

Good thing I know a ton of information on how you can do just that. 

Let’s get into it.


 Getting your D-65 license is easy.

Well maybe not super easy because then everyone would have it. 

But it definetly very simple. 

There’s only three requirements:

1. Must have 4 years of experience doing D-64 work

2. Must be over 18

3. Must have a valid SSN or ITIN

For more information regarding the requirements go to the CSLB website. 


Once you meet the requirements you can move on to level 2. 

Passing the Law and Business exam administered by the CSLB. 

Now I know we’re good friends. And I would never lie to my friends. 

This is a hard test. 

So hard. You probably wouldn’t pass if you triend right now. 

Unless you know all things contract law, liens, taxes, bonds, etc. 

That’s ok because there are plenty of resources to help you out. 

Resources like…


We’re here to help you get your license. Simple as that. 

You could even say it’s our passion. 

Now here’s how we do it:

1. Homestudy – Where you teach yourself using different books, videos and online materials. 
2. Online – Tune into our live classes and participate online. 
3. In Class – Join one of our schools for in person lessons and attention. 

We’ve compiled the greatest contractor license resources ever exist and given to you so you can get your license ASAP. 

Whether you prefer getting some books and learning at home or joining a group in your same position, you’re sure to learn through our courses. 

Our CEO Allen Diaz even compiled a 1,000+ page law book in order for you to learn the essentials necessary to get your license. I mean who wants to read a 1000 page book? We don’t. But we did. For you. 

Give us a call if you have questions. 


How do you verify your experience?

Ok so if you made it this far you’re probably curious what my favorite color is. It’s green. Thanks for asking. 

But you also might be curious how you verify your experience. 

Well it’s as simple as 1, 2, 3… 4, 5: 

1. Receive Application upon enrollment

2. Complete application with basic information 

3. Sign work experience 

4. Submit and schedule test 


Here’s the thing. You want to party. I want to party with you. But in order to get there you must submit your application to the state verifying your experience and telling them a little about yourself and business. Pretty. Easy. 

It is best to get it signed by another D-65 contractor but you have options.

The state will take 4-8 weeks in order to get back to you to schedule your test. 

Once they do you can finally pass and PARTY!

How to verify your work experience in order to get your California Contractor License

How long does it take?

Like I mentioned it takes 4-8 weeks for the state to get back to you. Included on top of that we recommend sending your application 1 month into the course. 

So you’re looking at 3 months on average beginning to end. But that being said the enrollment lasts 6 months so you have plenty of time. 

What’s the best business entity?

You need to have your business entity squared away when you send you application whether thats a corporation or DBA. We recommend a S Corp though because you get the best benefits. 

The Contract Bond

This is required for your license but only after you pass the test.  

Learn more about the fees attatched to getting your license here


Of course I couldn’t cover EVERYTHING here so if you have any other questions give us a call.

We’ll be happy to help. 

And remember.

The only sure way to never get your license is to never get started. 

A Detailed Description Of The D-65 Contractor License


D-65 – Weatherization and Energy Conservation Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A weatherization and energy conservation contractor installs, removes, modifies or repairs or provides maintenance services for energy conservation products limited to the following: door and window weather stripping, caulking, water heater pipe wrap, water heater blankets, insulating gaskets for electrical outlet covers, shade screens, shutters, storm windows, tinted window film, residential water flow restricting devices installed onto existing fixture. (DOES NOT INCLUDE INSULATION, GLAZING OR HEATING VENTILATING AND AIR CONDITIONING WORK)



Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.