D-53 Wood Tanks

Contractors License

  Get Your D-53 Window Coverings License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


How To Get Your D-53 Contractor License

You want your Contractor License.

I want you to get your Contractor License. 

So let’s get this thing done. 

Give us a call.


How To Get Your D-53 Contractors License

Getting your Contractor License is much easier than you think. 

Not as easy as pie but certainly easier than making a pie.

But that’s neither here nor there. 


I had someone give us a call the other day. 

I told him all the requirements and he shouted “That’s it! I could have done this years ago” 

Yup. That is it. 

There’s only three requirements:

1. Must have 4 years of experience doing D-53 work

2. Must be over 18

3. Must have a valid SSN or ITIN

For more information regarding the requirements go to the CSLB website. 


Ok so you have your experience and meet the requirements. 

Now what? 

Well here comes the not so fun part. 

Unless you were a nerd in high school then this is the fun part. 

You must pass the CSLB Law and Business test. 

Now I don’t want to sugar coat this like I do my pies. It is a hard test. 

Many have failed. But the only reason they fail is because they are not prepared. 

You are not like other people. You are prepared to go kick some Law and Business butt and become a even more successful contractor. 

How you ask? 


Here at the contractor school we prepare you to take this exam. 

So much we even quarantee you can pass this exam. 

Here’s how we do it:

1. Homestudy – Where you teach yourself using different books, videos and online materials. 
2. Online – Tune into our live classes and participate online. 
3. In Class – Join one of our schools for in person lessons and attention. 

These courses are everything you need to learn in order to pass the Law and Business Exam.

What we did was condense the massive 1,000-page law book and condensed it down to what you need to know. The test is written by lawyers so it takes some serious knowledge to pass. But nothing you can’t handle and nothing others before you haven’t tried and been successful passing. All it takes is a little guidance. 

Our CEO and teacher Allen Diaz is a serial entrepreneur and contractor who is working on expanding his businesses when he’s not helping contractors get their license and level up. 

Give us a call if you have questions. 


How do you verify your experience?

I hope you’re getting as fired up as I am. 

Here’s the next steps to getting your license. Verifying your experience. 

Here’s how you do it: 

1. Receive Application upon enrollment

2. Complete application with basic information 

3. Sign work experience 

4. Submit and schedule test 


To be honest that’s pretty much it. Below you will find a copy of the Contractor Experience Statement used to verify. 

Once you fill this out and submit the CSLB will be in contact with you to schedule your date of testing. 

The only thing is this will take 4-8 weeks. 

During that time you just keep studying and attending the course and preparing your business.

Before you know it you’ll be a licensed contractor with loads of contracts coming your way. 

How to verify your work experience in order to get your California Contractor License

How long does it take?

We recommend you send your application out 1 month into the course. This gives you plenty of time to keep learning and also ensures you get your license ASAP.

(for a total of 3 months from begining to licensing)

What’s the best business entity?

Super easy way to answer this question. 

The S Corp is best for small businesses looking to start their career and pay the least amount for taxes. 

The Contract Bond

The surety bond aka the contractor bond is only necessary after you pass the test. 

However it is easy to get and doesn’t cost much. 

Learn more about the fees attatched to getting your license here


I know that was a lot of info to throw at you really quickly but if you can remember one thing remember this. 

Just get started. 

Not doing anything is the only way to ensure you never get your license and never find that success you’re looking for.

Instead take action. 

A Detailed Description Of The D-53 Contractor License


D-53 – Wood Tanks Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A wood tanks contractor erects or repairs elevated wooden storage tanks and related cooling towers. (Hot tubs are not included.)


Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.