D-52 Window Coverings

Contractors License

  Get Your D-52 Window Coverings License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


How To Get Your D-52 Contractor License

The Question We've all Been Waiting For.

How do you get your D-52 Window Covering Contractor License in California?

Great question. 

Let’s get into it.

Give us a call.


How To Get Your D-52 Contractors License

Here’s the God’s honest truth. 

Getting your Contractor License in California is much simpler than you think. 


I hear it all the time. 

“Getting your contractor license is too hard, there’s so many things you have to do and qualify for.”

What they’re really saying is “I’m just lazy”. 

Because there’s only three requirements:

1. Must have 4 years of experience doing D-52 work

2. Must be over 18

3. Must have a valid SSN or ITIN

For more information regarding the requirements go to the CSLB website. 


Great so we’ve established the requirements.

Step one done. 

Here comes step two. The State Exam. 

For a D contractor you only need to take one test (as opposed to getting a C license).

So you can take a breather. 

But not for long because yes. This test is difficult. 

So difficult this is the only test Albert Einstein got a B+ on. 

But don’t worry. That is why we’re here to help you out. 

Introducing the…


Our passion is your success.

Here at the contractor school we prepare you to take this exam. 

So much we even quarantee you can pass this exam. 

Here’s how we do it:

1. Homestudy – Where you teach yourself using different books, videos and online materials. 
2. Online – Tune into our live classes and participate online. 
3. In Class – Join one of our schools for in person lessons and attention. 

These courses are everything you need to learn in order to pass the Law and Business Exam.

What we did was condense the massive 1,000-page law book and condensed it down to what you need to know. 

Our CEO and teacher Allen Diaz is a serial entrepreneur and contractor who is working on expanding his businesses when he’s not helping contractors get their license and level up. 

Give us a call if you have questions. 


How do you verify your experience?

By now you’re probably curious, ‘how do I verify my experience?’

Great question. 

Here’s the steps: 

1. Receive Application upon enrollment

2. Complete application with basic information 

3. Sign work experience 

4. Submit and schedule test 


That’s pretty much it. 

Below is a sample of the work experience application. You use this to send to the CSLB through the mail (who knew people still used that). 

Once you mail it off you have the great opportunity to keep setting up your business, studying and preparing for the exam. 

It will take the CSLB about 4-8 weeks to get back to you to schedule a testing date.

After that the rest is history. 

How to verify your work experience in order to get your California Contractor License

How long does it take?

 In total it takes an average of 3 months (Including 1 month for the course and 2 months until testing). 

What’s the best business entity?

In terms of a D-52 small business it is best to get a S Corp. 

We explain a little more about this through the course however S Corps are the way to go for contractors. 

The Contract Bond

The surety bond aka the contractor bond is only necessary after you pass the test. 

However it is easy to get and doesn’t cost much. 

Learn more about the fees attatched to getting your license here


I know that was a lot of info to throw at you. 

However that being said the most important part is to just get started. 

There may be more things you. need to figure out  and that’s fine because we are there to help you.

Never taking that first step is the only way to guarantee you never get your license. 

A Detailed Description Of The D-52 Contractor License


D-52 – Window Coverings Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A window coverings contractor installs or applies decorative, architectural/ functional window/glass treatment or covering products, including but not limited to the following: all types of materials and fabrics that make up louvers, shutters, Venetian and mini-blinds; residential or commercial draperies and screens; expanded metal window and door guards; plastic film window treatment and/or any other window treatment applied for temperature control or as a screening device.


Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.