D-38 Sand and Water Blasting

Contractors License

  Get Your D-38 Sand and Water Blasting License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


How To Get Your D-38 Contractor License

Get Your Contractor License Or Else

 For the record this is not a threat. 

 Just extreme encouragement. 

And I hope it encourages you to get your contractor license

or else you may never find freedom in your time and finances. 

Give us a call (it’s worth it)


How To Get Your D-38 Contractors License

It’s time to get your contractor license. 

I want that for you. 

You want that for you. 

So let’s make it happen. 



Getting your license is actually quite simple. 

And I am not lying. 

If I was lying I would have said it is complex.

There’s only three requirements: 

1. Must have 4 years of experience doing D-38 work

2. Must be over 18

3. Must have a valid SSN or ITIN

Believe me now?! 

I hope so

If you’d like some more information on the requirements check out the CSLB website.  


Ok. So getting your contractor license is simple. 

This is true. (because I don’t lie)

But it is not easy. 

There is a state exam you must pass in order to get your license. The test is written by lawyers to cover everything from contract law, to taxes. 

Chances are if you haven’t studied law you won’t be able to pass. 

That’s the bad news.

The good news is you can have experts help you learn the material so you can become the contractor you were destined to be. 


That’s where we come in. The…


Our sole existance in life is to help you pass this test. 

It gives us meaning. 

But it also gives you your license. 

Here’s out three courses. 

1. Homestudy – Where you teach yourself using different books, videos and online materials. 
2. Online – Tune into our live classes and participate online. 
3. In Class – Join one of our schools for in person lessons and attention. 

Each one comes with it’s own learning experience. 

Maybe you want to learn in person with an expert instructor. 

Or maybe you prefer to sit at home with some tasty tea (or wine) and crank through some workbooks. 

Both can help you. 

Give us a call for more information. 


How do you verify your experience?

Ok so you’re ready to move forward. 

You have the experience and just need to verify it. 

But how do you do that? 

With an application. 

Here’s how it works: 

1. Receive application (upon enrollment) 

2. Fill out application (with basic personal, business and experience information) 

3. Complete application with signature. 

4. Submit and schedule test. 

5. Celebreate being a contractor! 

Below is a sample of the experience part of the application. 

It is best to get the signature from another D-38 contractor.


How to verify your work experience in order to get your California Contractor License

How long does it take?

Today everyone is in a huge rush. 

I understand though you want to get to taking contracts and making money asap. 

And you can do it quickly. 

But no matter what you will have to wait for the CSLB. 

This is because they take 4-8 weeks to process your application alone. 

That means for almost two months you can be just waiting, preparing your business and making pancakes (especially making pancakes). 

This is why we suggest sending your application to the state 1 month into the course. That way you can get through the process as quickly as possible but still be prepared. 

On average it takes 3 months to get your license from beginning to end. 

But it is still up to you if you’d like to extend it however the longer you do the less likely you are to ever receive your license. 

What’s the best business entity?

Likely you are getting your license to start your business. 

(unless you are going to be a Resident Management Employee – RME) 

 So if you’re going to start a killer business you need a killer business entity. 

Well here you go. S Corps. 

The best corporation for contractors and small businesses alike.

(we’ll cover this more in the course)

The Contract Bond

The bond is necessary once you pass the exam. 

It’s best to focus on one things at a time. But trust me, it’s not difficult to get. 

How do I study??

A serious question. I like it. 

The best way to prepare is simulated practice exams. 

Essentially putting you through the exam before you actually do the real thing. 

Good thing we provide those for you… 🙂


There’s a lot of details about gettting your contractor license and even some things I haven’t covered here today. 

But the most important thing to do is just get started. 

Take the first step. The hardest step. 

Then everything is downhill from there. 

A Detailed Description Of The D-38 Contractor License


D-38 – Sand and Water Blasting Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A sand and water blasting contractor uses the force of compressed air in conjunction with abrasive materials or water to clean or prepare surfaces for any protective, decorative and/or functional treatment.


    Take A Practice Law Test

    Take A Practice Law Test

    Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

    Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.