D-35 Pool and Spa Maintenance

Contractors License

  Get Your D-35 Pool and Spa Maintenance License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


How To Get Your D-35 Contractor License

The Time Is Now

You do a great work being a D-35 contractor.

So we need to make sure you get your license.

So you can continue this great work.

Give us a Call with any questions.



How To Get Your D-35 Contractors License

The good thing about having a D license is you get to do very specific work.

Things everyone wants but not everyone can do. 

Which is why you provide such a great service. 

Because you’re special. 

And we recognize that. 

So let’s get that license so you can keep doing great work. 


Admidst some confusing getting your license, you can be grateful about one thing. 

It’s simple. 

You must only fulfill three requirements: 

1. Must have 4 years of experience doing D-35 work

2. Must be over 18

3. Must have a valid SSN or ITIN

That’s it!

Sounds too good to be true right? 

Makes you wonder, “why didn’t I do this earlier?”

For more detailed requirement information check out the CSLB website. 


Ok so you have your experience. 

Chances are you have way more experience than you really need. Maybe even 10 or 20 years. 

But here’s the thing. 

In order to get the license you must pass the State Exam. AKA the ‘Law exam of death’. 

Ok maybe I made up that name but is the ‘Law and Business Exam’ and it is difficult. 

You are fortunate you only need to pass one test. So you can brush that off your shoulders. 

The thing is unless you’ve studied law, you probably won’t pass the test right away. It’s written by lawyers in order to keep a high level of law knowledge within California contractors. 

But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try. Just means you might need to learn some new things. 

That’s where we come in. 


We’re here to teach you everything you need to know to pass this exam.

We do it through our custom courses. 

Each designed to teach you in a different way. 

You can check them out below. 

1. Homestudy – Where you teach yourself using different books, videos and online materials. 
2. Online – Tune into our live classes and participate online. 
3. In Class – Join one of our schools for in person lessons and attention. 

The exam is difficult. True. But that just makes it worth it. 

If you want to do well on the exam and get your license you must put in the work. 

You can give us a call for more information. 


How do you verify your experience?

This was probably the first question that came to mind in regards to the experience. 

How does the state know you have the experience? 

Well. You tell them. In the form of an application. 

Here’s how it works. 

1. You receive your application (upon enrollment)

2. You fill out said application (With basic information and information about your business. Unless you choose to be an RME)

 3. You get your application and statement of work experience signed (by another D-35 contractor, emoployer, journeyman etc.)

4. Submit and schedule test. 

5. Pass and Celebrate!

Easy process. 

As long as you have your experience there’s nothing to worry about. 

The best way to verify is with the signature of another D-35 contractor. This is because it provides their license number. 


How to verify your work experience in order to get your California Contractor License

How long does it take?

We get it. You’re trying to get you’re license asap so you can start taking jobs and make money. 

Which is great because you can technically get your license as quickly as you want to. Or don’t. 

Let me explain. 

We suggest you submit your application 1 month into the course. That way you can keep studying while they process your application. 

Of course you can also wait but that also means you will be putting it off longer. 

The CSLB will take a whopping 4-8 weeks to process your application and schedule a test date with you. That is a long time but the only time you will be waiting during the process. 

So in the end it usually takes 3 months to get your license from beginning to end. 

(ps. your enrollment with us lasts 6 months because we’re just that nice 🙂

What’s the best business entity?

What I am about to tell you cannot be repeated to anyone else. 

S Corps are the best entities for a small business and specifically a contractor. 

So there’s some wisdom for the day. 

You can get an LLC or DBA but why get something that is inferior? 

We’ll cover this more in the course. 

The Contract Bond

Bonds oh my! 

Yes you need a bond but not until after you pass your test. 

How do I study??

There is a lot of science into the best way to learn something. 

Essentially it is to fail and keep trying. 

That is why I suggest practice tests as the best way to study and retain what you’ve learned. 

That is also why we’ve compiled exam simulated practice tests to ensure you learn the best way you can. 


A few words of encouragement. 

Getting your license can be hard but all you need to remember is to get started. 

Take the first step!

Everything will fall into place. 

A Detailed Description Of The D-35 Contractor License


D-35 – Pool and Spa Maintenance Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A pool and spa maintenance contractor installs, replaces or repairs pool motors, pumps, filters, gas heaters and any above ground piping in connection with pools; includes electrical switches, breakers, pool lights, diving boards, existing solar systems that heat pools, pool and spa acid baths and applies vinyl liners to existing surfaces.


    Take A Practice Law Test

    Take A Practice Law Test

    Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

    Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.