D-29 Paperhanging

Contractors License

  Get Your D-29 Paperhanging License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


How to get your D-6 Contractor License

America Runs On Dunkin... Contractors

Where would we be without Contractors. 
I don’t want to know. 
But I think there would be less Dunkins for sure. 



How To Get Your D-29 Contractors License

You want to get your contractor license.

I want to help you get your Contractor License. 

This is a symbiotic relationship.


 There are three things you need in order to get your Contractor License. 

1. Must have 4 years of experience doing D-29 work (paperhanging)

2. Must be over 18

3. Must have a valid SSN or ITIN

4. Make a 12 stack of pancakes

Easy enough right. Wrong! I tried and 4 pancakes ended up on the floor. 

Just kidding. 

As long as you have 4 years of experience in the trade you are looking to get then you nearly aready have your license. 

All it takes is well passing a test. 

For more clarification you can check out the CSLB’s website on experience requirements for the exam. 


However this test is like nothing you’ve seen before. It twists and turns and sharp teeth also known as ‘LAW’. 

And business. 

The test is administered by the CSLB and since you are getting a D license you will only need to pass one. The ‘law and business’ including liens, contract law, bonds, taxes and more. Fun stuff. 

If you were to take the test right now. Chances are you would fail. But don’t worry. We’re here to help at the.. 


Our job is to equip you with the tools to succeed.

That way when you pass the test, get your license you’ll have everything you need to be a great contractor.

How do we do it?

We have multiple courses. 

1. Homestudy – Where you teach yourself using different books, videos and online materials. 
2. Online – Tune into our live classes and participate online. 
3. In Class – Join one of our schools for in person lessons and attention. 

Each will give give you everything you need to pass your test. In this case just the law. 

Basically we provide the necessary materials, practice tests and online/inperson instruction that breaks down the hard things of business and being a contractor. 

If you have any questions give us a call. 


How do you verify your experience?

A little before you feel ready to take the test you will send an application to the state. I say before because the state will take 2 months to respond and you can study in the mean time. 

Essentially you are detailing out your business information, your basic information and finally your work experience. This is done by a description and  signature of another D-29 contractor or another of the many options (we breakdown this in more detail within the course). Although we suggest getting it done by a contractor because that looks best. 

As long as you have at least 4 years getting your experience verified is very easy. The hard part comes when you take the test. 


How long does it take?

I like to say it takes an average of 3 months from enrollment to becomming licensed. 

That being said it all depends on how you go about it. Sticking to the course plan will get you the license in 3 months or less. However, life happens. And we understand that. 

That is why the enrollment lasts 6 months. That way you have more than enough time and resources to ensure you get the license. 

However it takes being diligent and sticking to learning to ensure you become licensed and learn. 

What’s the best business entity?

Let me answer that in one letter and one word. S Corps. 

S Corps are the best entity for contractors or all small businesses for that matter. 

They give you all the protection necessary along with tax benefits. 

LLCs are common and good but not as good as an S Corp. 

That is why we recommend them to anyone getting their license. 

If you’re curious for more. You can give us a call. This is also a topic we dive into with the course. 

The Contract Bond

Yes. You need a bond. 

Yes. You need it AFTER taking your exam. 

It is easy to obtain. You can get it anywhere. Don’t worry. 


My last words to you are words of encouragement. 

It’s time to get started. 

I know I gave you a lot of information.

But the most important thing is taking the first step. The first step is always the hardest and will be the most rewarding.

Once you get started things will fall into place. But first get started. 


D-29 – Paperhanging Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A paperhanging contractor applies all types and varieties of decorative wall coverings, except painting or paneling, including paper and vinyl goods, cork, burlap and carpet-type wall coverings.


Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.