D-24 Metal Products

Contractors License

  Get Your D-24 Metal Products License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


How To Get Your D-24 Contractor License

License=More $$$

D-24 is the Metal License

I’m currently listening to metal music. 

Basically what i’m saying is we can help you rock your Contractor Exam. 

Give us a Call.


How To Get Your D-24 Contractors License

Metal is important. 

Why? Because it’s everywhere. 

It’s also my favorite kind of music. 

(That’s a lie I just wanted to say a joke)

But you’re not here to laugh but to get your D-24 Contractor License.


 Your initial thought was probably ‘this is going to be difficult’ 

And you’re right. But it doesn’t need to be that way. 

There are three requiremetns you must fulfill in order to get your license. 

1. Must have 4 years of experience doing D-24 work

2. Must be over 18 

3. Must have a valid SSN or ITIN 

If you’re thinking to yourself, ‘I don’t have 4 years of experience, but I do have this degree’. Turns out it’s not entirely useless and can be supplemented for years of experience. 

For more clarification you can check out the CSLB’s website on experience requirements for the exam. 


So you have your experience. You meet the requirements. What’s next. This. Passing the state exam. 

This is a difficult exam. I will not lie. I cannot lie. It’s kinda like a pinnocio situation. 

But I would be lying if I said there isn’t help. Because there is us. The contractor license school. 


We want you to get your license. Simple as that. We also want to watch Blade Runner all day but we make that sacrifice to help you (I hope this shows you how serious I am). 

In order to get your D-24 Metal Work license you need to pass the exam. You know this. 

Our job is ensure you pass this exam and are prepared to succeed as a contractor. 

How do we do it?

We do just that through our courses and materials. 

1. Homestudy – Where you teach yourself using different books, videos and online materials. 
2. Online – Tune into our live classes and participate online. 
3. In Class – Join one of our schools for in person lessons and attention. 

Since the test is written by expert lawyers on the topics of liens, bonds, contract law, taxes, etc.

You need to be prepared for just that. 

So we brought the lawyers to you with our custom materials that we also wrote with lawyers. 

Essentially the goal is to fight fire with fire and make you an expert so you pass the test. 

Give us a call for more information. 


How do you verify your experience?

This is probably one of your biggest questions. But it doesn’t habve to be. Why? Because it is not that hard. 

Let me break it down. 

1. You receive the application (upon enrollment)

2. You complete course and fill out application (with basic information about yourself and business)

3. Fill out experience apart of application (this is the final form of the application and requires you to get a wet signature from another D-24 contractor or one of the other 7 options)

4. Pass the test. 

5. Celebrate your new busines! 

Of course there were somethings I skipped over there but a lot of the details are not important when you are just beginning. 


How long does it take?

Everyone works at their own pace. 

I know you’re speed racer and want to get through as quickly as you can but there’s a time and a place for that.

This is not the time or place.

You want to be prepared. 

On average it takes 3 months to get through. 

From beginning to end. 

But no matter how quickly you send your application you still need to wait for the state to process it. This can take anywhere from 4-8 weeeks. During that time, relax, prepare your business, and study. 

But the important thing is just getting started. 

What’s the best business entity?

S Corps. 

No question about it. 

It is a necessary requirement to know for the test so we teach you in the courses.

But it is also very important to know for business success. 

Most contractors think LLC or just choose Sole Proprietor (DBA) just because it is easier. But these can be a detriment to their grow and cost a ton to maintain. 

We suggest S Corps because their the perfect fit for a contractor and a small business just starting. 

The Contract Bond

Do you need a bond? Yes. But you get it after you pass so you have some time. 


The most important part of any of this information is to just get started. 

You are capable of figuring everything out. That’s a fact. 

It’s also a fact that if you don’t get started you will never get your license. 

Give us a call. We’ll be happy to helpout. 

Description of the D-24 Contractor License From the CSLB 

D-24 – Metal Products Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A metal products contractor installs, modifies or repairs the following:

  • (a) Metal cabinets, lockers, modular storage structures, mail chutes, cable racks; and aluminum or vinyl storm doors and windows.
  • (b) Metal wall tiles; aluminum fascia covers; and metal gutters.
  • (c) Aluminum studs and trusses; metal railings and turnstiles; metal prison cell accessories such as welded-to-structure cell furniture; grills and cabinets.



Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.