D-12 – Synthetic Products

Contractors License

  Get Your D-12 Synthetic Products License

  Livestream or In-Person Classes

  Or Purchase The Material And Study On Your Own

  Only Takes A Few Weeks

  Pass-Test Guarantee

  Be Your Own Boss
. .


How To Get Your D-12 Contractor License

Getting your license is better than prison.

Working without a license is like chewing bubble gum in the shower. 

It just doesn’t make sense. 

And eventually someone will end up in jail. 



How To Get Your D-12 Contractors License

I am a believer in baths. 

They’re God’s gift to comman man kind. 

Want to relax after a long day? Hop in the tub and don’t forget the bubbles. 

That’s why I appreciate you and all you do for man kind. 

That’s why I need you to get your contractor license. 


 If you’ve made it this far you are probably pretty serious. 

I respect that. 

There are three requirements you must fulfill in order to be a contractor. 

1. Must have 4 years of experience doing D-12 work

2. Must be over 18 

3. Must have a valid SSN or ITIN 

 Chances are you probably have 4 years of experience. Maybe you’ve been working for your dad since you were 10. However if you don’t have all 4 years you can supplement some with a degree or apprenticeship. 

For more clarification you can check out the CSLB’s website on experience requirements for the exam. 


Great so you’re all good with the requirements. 

The next thing you need to worry should also be the final thing you need to worry about. 

That is the ‘law and business’ exam. 

The only test you must pass to get the D12 license. Or any D license for that matter. 

This test is hard. No getting around it. 

But there’s plenty of people helping you out. 

Starting with us. The Contractor License School. 


Our job is to prepare you for the test. 

To ensure you pass. 

Along the way we’ll teach you how to be successful as a contractor and everything you need to know for law and business to take the test. 

How do we do it?

Good question. We provide multiple courses.

1. Homestudy – Where you teach yourself using different books, videos and online materials. 
2. Online – Tune into our live classes and participate online. 
3. In Class – Join one of our schools for in person lessons and attention. 

But like first dates there’s much more to us than what meets the eye. 

We seek to equip you fully by providing incorporation and website services. 

In addition to the school so you can get the entire package. 

Don’t get it confused though, with the school you will still need to put in the work in order to reap the reward. 

We have classes once a week for our online and inperson students. 

And highly suggest you review daily (doing the homework and online practice tests) to make sure you are as prepared as possible. 

Give us a call with any questions.


How do you verify your experience?

Great question. Now get ready for a great answer. 

The CSLB requires an application to verify

1. Who you are. 
2. You’re business. 
3. Your experience. 

All these things must be in order. In order to get your license. However not in that order. 

That’s a lot of order. 

You do this by mailing in an application form along with the fee. About $650. See our other page on the contractor fees to learn more. 

The final segment of the application verifies your experience with a signature of another contractor. Or foreman, employer, you have many options to choose from. This is accompanied by a description of work and bada bing bada boom, forget about it. You’re done. 

How long does it take? 

You’re a fan of nascar. I get it you want to go fast. I mean who doesn’t. I mean isn’t that why we drive teslas, to go fast. (Contractors drive teslas right?)

Anway, you want to get your license as fast as you can. 

But slow down there because when you send off your application it will take them 4-8 weeks to process it. That’s right, during that time you can keep studying, preparing your business and before you know it you’ll be taking your test. 

Recently you gained the privledge to schedule your own test opposed being given a date so there is lots of freedom when it comes to the timing. 

On average it takes just about 3 months from start to finish. That included the time within the course and 2 months waiting for a reply from the state. 

What’s the best business entity?

In our opinion and the opinion of many others. S Corps are the way to go for contractors. 

You may hear a lot about LLCs but in the end you pay more in taxes for less protection. 

That is why we suggest S Corps because they help you the most. 

Your other option is sole proprietorship. 

This basically means you own a DBA (Doing Business As). 

We breakdown more details about how each of these work in the course. Just keep in mind at the time of sending your application you must have your DBA or Corporation filed. But we can help you with that as well.


The greatest thing you can do for yourself is learn something new. 

Take the chance. Level up. 

Start the business. Make massive money. Be your own boss. Find freedom. 

That is what getting a license is all about. 

D-12 – Synthetic Products Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications

A synthetic products contractor installs:

  • (a) Synthetic counter tops and wall coverings; fiberglass, plastic, vinyl and epoxy products; plastic tile board and decorative art work; and synthetic turf.
  • (b) Bathtub and enamel refinishing, resin and epoxy application, and synthetic caulking and sealants.
  • (c) Reservoir liners, vinyl swimming pool relining, pier piling wrap, and rodent guards.
  • (d) PVC piping systems for irrigation and drainage; subsurface irrigation drip systems.



Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.