Contractor License School 

How To Pass Your C-6 Test.

Getting your C-6 Contractors License may be easier than you think.

The only pre-requisite–in other words, the only thing you have to have–is 4 years of experience doing C-6 type of work. (C-6 Cabinent, Mill Work, Finished Cabinentry Contractor)

Common Questions?

Can I get multiple licenses? Yes, as long as you qualify. 

How many questions? The Test ranges from 110 to 120 questions.

How long is the exam? The exam duration is 3.5 hours.

Can General B do everything? Not exactly, a G-b must still sub contract unless he has a license in the specific job.

What is C-6 experience? Click this link to learn more.

Give us a call with any questions – (800) 659-1207

or shoot us an email  info@contractorlicensenow.com 

All you need to know.

Test number 1. Law

Just when you thought you were done with school there’s always more. The CSLB requires you to pass two tests in order to get your license. The first one is the more difficult of the two. It covers all things law including liens, contract law, bonds and more. Typically this is the harder test (unless you’re a lawyer) strictly because it isn’t used everyday. 

Test Number 2. Trade

On the otherhand the second test you do use everyday. That is because it covers the specific trade you are looking to get. In this case you’ll take a law test then a test covering C-6. Since you have at least 4 years of experience this test is typically easier. 

Our program. 

Our job at the contractor License School is to make sure you are equipped to take the test and become a successful contractor.

We understand the confusion of starting a business. That is why we started the school in the first place, to help contractors like yourself make it in the business. Anything you’ll need we can help you with. From educating you to pass your test, setting up your business entity, and advertising, we want to be a resource for you.

There are a few things you should know…

1. 4 years of working experience is requied (can be decreased with degrees)

2. Must be 18 years or older (the easiest part)

3. Must have an SSN or ITIN (the average difficulty part)

Super simple right. As long as you meet the requirements there is only one thing stopping you from getting started. That’s you. It takes one small step to make massive change. This is that first step. 

What about the APPLICATION?

After going through the course and learning everything you need to you’ll submit an application to the CSLB. The application covers basic business information and verifies your work experience with a signature. Upon enrollment we provide a copy and resources to get it filled out correctly. They tend to take 6-8 weeks to get back to you with options to take your test once submitted. During that time all you need to worry about is making sure your business is set up you’re prepared to pass. 


Got more questions? 

full online course

  • 4 Law & Business Live Streaming Classes
  • Once A Week For 4 Weeks
  • Two Months Access
  • Trade DVDs and CDs.


  • – Law & Business Practice Tests
  • – Trade Practice Tests
  • – Access To Law-Class Recordings (Video and Audio)
  • – Trade DVD Teaching
  • – Trade CD Teaching
  • So Basically Everything You Need To Study Law and Trade


  • Application Assistance (That Application Can Be Difficult)
  • A Handy-Dandy Pass-Test Guarantee
how to get your general b contractors license

“Excellent school! I passed law and electrical exams on my first try and I was more than ready. They also set up my S Corps and helped me through the full process.”

Charles Blake

Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.