Contractor License School 

How To Pass Your C-12 Test.

Don’t stress about getting your C-12 Earthwork & Paving Contractors license. Instead do some research into how you can best prepare yourself.

C-12 Earthwork and Paving License

Common Questions?

Where do I take the test? The actual test will be on a computer. As for the location the CSLB will give you available options near you.

How many questions? The Test ranges from 110 to 120 questions.

How long is the exam? The exam duration is 3.5 hours.

How long does it take to get licensed? On average 3 months. (That counts as going through the course and sending off the application)

Do I need to retake passed exams? You never need to retake passes tests. Even when going for a new classification.

What is C-12 experience? Click this link to learn more.

Give us a call with any questions – (800) 659-1207

or shoot us an email  info@contractorlicensenow.com 

All You Need To Know. 

Test number 1. Law

Let’s break it down. There are two tests you need to pass in order to get your license. The first covers all things law. Including liens, bonds, contract law and taxes. All our favorite things right. The reason for this test is to learn how to succeed as a contractor. It takes more than just good work but a comprehensive knowledge of law and business as well. Because once you get your license, you’re not just a contractor but a businessman. 

Test Number 2. Trade

This test shouldn’t come with any surprises. It is the trade test. In this case, you will be taking an exam revolving around C-12 Earthwork and Paving. This test is considered easier by most contractors because you already have 4 years of experience in your trade as opposed to the law. Thus making it a little easier to learn.

Before you get started there are a few requirements that you should be aware of. 


How do I get started?

As long as you meet the requirements there’s nothing stopping you from getting your contractor’s license. That is aside from yourself of course. If you work diligently it’ll take 3 months to get your license. So why not get the license? 

Required Requirements

1. You need to have 4 years of working experience

2. Must be 18 years or older

3. Must have an SSN or ITIN

That’s it! Simple right?

What about the APPLICATION?

The application tells the CSLB (Contractor State License Board) about your business and validates your experience. The application is how you apply to get the license and is necessary in order to get a test date. That being said it is not as difficult as it sounds. Upon enrolling we supply you with a copy and resources to help you fill it out.

More info on C-12 Concrete

full online course

  • 4 Law & Business Live Streaming Classes
  • Once A Week For 4 Weeks
  • Two Months Access
  • Trade DVDs and CDs.


  • – Law & Business Practice Tests
  • – Trade Practice Tests
  • – Access To Law-Class Recordings (Video and Audio)
  • – Trade DVD Teaching
  • – Trade CD Teaching
  • So Basically Everything You Need To Study Law and Trade


  • Application Assistance (That Application Can Be Difficult)
  • A Handy-Dandy Pass-Test Guarantee
how to get your general b contractors license
“The information is all there you just have to read it. Good classes.”
Mike Steifel

Take A Practice Law Test

Take A Practice Law Test

Subscribe to get updates (and epic content) from us and get access to a free ten-question law test. So you can get a taste of what the law test is like :)

Success! Confirm your email to get access to Practice Test.