General Engineering Contractor License

Contractor License School is proud to offer the General Engineering Contractor license for the state of California.  According to the Business & Professions Code found on the Contractor State Licensing Board website a general engineering contractor does the following:

7056. A general engineering contractor License is for the contractor whose principal contracting business is in connection with fixed works requiring specialized engineering knowledge and skill, including the following divisions or subjects: irrigation, drainage, water power, water supply, flood control, inland waterways, harbors, docks and wharves, shipyards and ports, dams and hydroelectric projects, levees, river control and reclamation works, railroads, highways, streets and roads, tunnels, airports and airways, sewers and sewage disposal plants and systems, waste reduction plants, bridges, overpasses, underpasses and other similar works, pipelines and other systems for the transmission of petroleum and other liquid or gaseous substances, parks, playgrounds and other recreational works, refineries, chemical plants and similar industrial plants requiring specialized engineering knowledge and skill, powerhouses, power plants and other utility plants and installations, mines and metallurgical plants, land leveling and earthmoving projects, excavating, grading, trenching, paving and surfacing work and cement and concrete works in connection with the above mentioned fixed works.  (Business & Professions Code – Division 3, Chapter 9. Contractors, Article 4. Classifications)

Requirements for License:

In order to obtain a contractor license as a general engineering contractor in the state of California, one must have four years of experience in the trade at a journeyman level.  If you have 4 years of experience, 2 years with a college degree, you are qualified to obtain your license.  Here at Contractor License School, we are here to help walk you through the licensing process.

If you have the 4 years of experience or the 2 years with a degree now is the time to change your life, be your own boss, and reach your financial potential.  Your General Engineering Contractor License is waiting for you.  We’re here to help.  Contract us today!

Contractor Licensing Classifications

(A) General Engineering Contractor
(B) General Building Contractor
(C) Specialty Contractor

C-61 Specialty License Includes the following: